In CR’U’s Cosmetology program, you’ll learn the best techniques for washing, cutting, coloring and styling hair from our trained instructors. Students also receive training about skin care and extensive make-up artistry application. In this 1600 hour course, you’ll be evaluated on your progress at the 450, 900, 1250 and 1600 hour mark. Upon graduation and receipt of your certificate of completion, you will be eligible to take the Licensing Exam of the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. The full course of study includes extensive technical training with live clients and book/theory work on topics ranging from straightening, waving and curling hair, facials and eyebrow beautification, manicures and pedicures, and everything in between. We also provide instruction for front-end salon management and merchandising techniques.
CR’U Institute of Cosmetology and Barbering
Program Name: COSMETOLOGY
Program Level: Undergraduate Certificate
Course Length: Full Time & Part Time/Day or Part Time/Evening – 11 to 14 months
Q: How much will this program cost me?
A: Tuition and fees: – $18,000
Books and supplies: – $1,700
On-campus room & board: not offered
Registration Fee: $250
SRTF (non-refundable): $10.00
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Q: What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
A: Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is shown below:
Federal Loans: – $6,200
Private education loans: – $0
Institutional financing plan: – $0
Q: How long will it take me to complete this program?
A: The program is designed to take 11 to 14 months to complete.
Q: What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
A: Both the institution’s state and accreditor require the calculation of a job placement rate for this program.
Accreditor Rate: The job placement rate for sutdents who completed the program is 71%*
For further information about this job placement rate, click here
State Rate: The job placement rate for students who completed the program is 71%*
Explore the benefits of work and employment by clicking here
Jobs Related to This Program
Click on the links below for more information on jobs related to this program:
– Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
– Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
– Manicurists and Pedicurists
– Skincare Specialists
COSMETOLOGY COURSE GOALS
- To successfully master training requirements needed to make application for the California State Bureau of Barbering and Cosmetology licensing examination.
- To develop professional skills and attitudes in the interest of safety and sanitation for oneself as well as others, as is relative to having a successful career as a Cosmetologist.
- To graduate from this institution possessing those skills and knowledge necessary to pass the State Board examination and secure entry-level employment.
COSMETOLOGY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of the laws and rules regulating California cosmological establishments’ practices.
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of sanitation and sterilization as related to all phases of hair, skin and nails.
- To successfully acquire knowledge of the general theory relative to cosmetology, including anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and theory relative to practical procedures performed.
- To successfully acquire business management techniques which are common to cosmetology.
THE SUCCESSFUL GRADUATE WILL HAVE DEVELOPED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
Learn the proper use of implements relative to all cosmetology services including the use of hair coloring and bleaching. Acquire the knowledge of analyzing the scalp, face, and hands before all services to determine any disorders. Learn the procedures and the terminology used in performing all cosmetology services. Learn the application of daytime and evening make/up to include the application of false eyelashes. Learn the proper procedure of manicuring to include water and oil manicures and pedicures.
ATTITUDES AND GOALS:
- To be able to appreciate good workmanship which is common to the cosmetology field.
- To possess a positive attitude toward the public and fellow workers.
- To appreciate honesty and integrity in oneself and others.